Monday, July 6, 2009

mary mary quite contrary

I decided to try my hand at gardening this year (thanks for the tips, Mama!) and due to the lack of an abundantly sunny area in my backyard, I opted to plant my garden in large pots. I arranged them near my front door, which I admit might look a bit odd to passers by, but it's the sunniest portion of my property. I've already noted a few things I'll do differently next time, but I am having a great time tending to my garden and seeing the new growth almost daily. I have already been enjoying my leaf lettuce and basil for a few weeks now, and am excited to make my first Troy Street Salad complete with Heirloom tomato, cucumber, and green pepper.





My Garden


Green Pepper


First Baby Pepper!


Heirloom Tomato


Cute little cucumber tendrils.
(i love how they "hold on")

Delicious Leaf Lettuce

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they look great! I'm going to miss having a garden in Baltimore, but hopefully there will be enough room on the porch for some pots like this. :)

    ReplyDelete