Thursday, July 16, 2009

a proud mother

How is it that I haven't marveled at my mom's garden all these years? I am in love with my little veggie plants and am already looking forward to a bigger and better crop next year (poor Jason doesn't know what he's in for. That's what he gets for having vast acreage!)

I screamed yesterday when I spotted my first tomato, and then again today when I noticed several teeny cucumbers. I think I'll actually be sad when it comes time to pluck them!

I think I'm most proud of the cucumbers because I grew them from seed. (i know that doesn't mean I put forth any extra effort, but it's still exciting! I remember when the leaves just sprouted and were the size of tic tacs.)

I think the peppers will be ready very soon!


My lonesome heirloom tomato. I'm sure more on the way though I have been told that heirloom plants aren't big producers, so I shouldn't expect too many.

1 comment: