Wednesday, May 27, 2009

how big is your footprint? (your ecological one)


Hmm...and here I thought I was doing a pretty good job of living green. Looks like there's always room for improvement. Obviously I won't be installing solar panels on my roof, or a wind turbine in my backyard, but I can open some windows instead of running my AC all summer. I don't live in an area that offers public transportation so a car is my only option in getting around, but I'll turn my engine off when I'm waiting in line at the bank drive-through instead of idling for 10 minutes. I won't be able to grow an entire garden in my little yard that will sustain my diet (remember...I love cheeseburgers) but I will make an effort to buy local produce and I am trying my hand at "container gardening." Hopefully my little bell pepper, cucumber, tomato and leaf lettuce pots will be fruitful and abundant this summer.

Want to test your own footprint? Take this fun little quiz and see what improvements you can make! You might not be able to get off the grid and live off your land but maybe one little thing will pop out and you can make one change that you can feel good about!



No comments:

Post a Comment