Monday, February 15, 2010

finally some fun in the snow!










(marking our territory with a big "Z")

Snowshoeing is one the fastest growing recreational winter activities in the world due to its accessiblity, affordablity and that fact that pretty much anyone who can walk can snowshoe.

I've been itching to go skiing this winter...an itch I still unfortunately haven't scratched, but considering our lack of snow this winter, I was glad to take advantage of the little bit of accumulation we did have by traipsing around in a pair of borrowed snowshoes this weekend.

We started out in my mom's backyard and headed down the block (i'm sure the neighbors got a kick out of us) to the park at the end of the street. There we walked the trails (which were unforunately partially shoveled, but we kept off to the side), climbed small rolling hills, and ventured into some rough terrain through the woods (yes I'm exaggerating, but it was still fun!)
We played for about an hour, and I was pretty wiped out afterwards! I wouldn't say that it was challenging per se, but it kept my heart rate up a bit, and the fresh air was certainly invigorating.

I definitely recommend trying it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I could use a pair to get around the city right now. :)

    I love the pictures of you guys snowshoeing right next to perfectly shoveled sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we worked with what we had, lol.

    ReplyDelete